Thursday 5 April 2018

NEW JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, PART OF CAREER IN DESTINY.

GCU within the OPMC















After almost eleven months of not updating, I’ve decided that I continue blogging again. During the past months, I am not able to post because of some reasons but other than interest. It is lack of free time. I was too busy with my recent job description as News and Current Affairs producer for the Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation, a task which requires commitment and time especially in running after the latest happenings, producing and presenting current affairs programs on-air

Though it is of great interest to me, I have decided that I take up a new job in late February 2018, as Chief Information Officer in the Government Communication Unit within the Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. My new responsibility requires to undertake the following duties:
           To research and present background material on government policies and programs delivered through Ministries, departments and agencies;
           To liaise with Ministries and Ministerial office staff, providing media relations advice and support;
           To write media releases under tight deadlines and distribute to media organizations upon clearance and approval by the director;
           To manage and keep the Government Website updated regularly;
           To forward-plan and manage media/press conferences and events;
           To accompany Minister’s on Official Travel both locally and overseas from time to time to provide timely media relations services;
           To write copy for information bulletins and for a range of government publications;
           To be responsible for maintaining flow of information to community sectors as designated from time to time
           Undertake any other duties as reasonably required or directed by the Responsible Officer or Supervisor.
Scope of these responsibilities will be slightly different from my previous job, something which posed me with challenges ahead. Despite this, I started settling in and try to familiarize with the new working environment. Now that it is almost two months into the six months’ probation in my new job, I am determined and looking forward to carry my official duties with confidence and trust. I hope it will be another interesting career in my destiny. Only God Knows.
ENDS///



 

2 comments: