Wednesday 14 May 2014

Something to tell

It’s a great thing to discover and experience new things in life. This journey to a career in life is so fascinating with the experiences that one has to go through to achieve the aims in life. Learning is exactly the same.

At first I was thinking of what would be of interest to me or to others. I thought it would be so hard to think of something interesting, to get my friends and colleagues interested. But it’s just simple; it is what I am thinking of and doing it right now. To tell them something similar, about experiences in life, but based on my own experiences.


Before I take formal studies at the University of the South Pacific, I was working as a Radio Announcer, at the Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation (SIBC). It's a job I love much to these days because of my personal reasons. It is the Mother Radio Station in my country, Solomon Islands, with a national service providing news, information and entertainment to the scattered islands in the provinces. What is of great interest to me is bringing the listeners together through the on-air microphone when you are alone in the studio. You feel like you are piloting the air waves and your listeners are your passengers on board. It’s a moment of feeling responsible to your fellow citizens.

Going On-Air, SIBC AM Service Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment